Cozy Construction and Care

Protect your Kindles, Ipads, Scrap-booking (Cricut, Silhouette, Xyron), Binding and Laminating machines from those nasty little dust bunnies with a lovely cozy that is guaranteed to fit like a glove! Each cozy features pretty, coordinating fabrics (100% cotton) that have been machine-quilted over a layer of batting and muslin lining. All seams have been finished and the binding has been hand-basted. A button, bow, or applique embellishment adds a delightful finishing touch to each cozy. Your Cozy will certainly be a pretty addition to any work space, and will keep your Cricut Expressions/Cakes, Creates/Personal Cutters, Cuttlebugs, Gypsies, Imagines, Kindles, and Ipads free from dust, scratches, and normal wear-and-tear and damage for years to come! All cozies may be machine or hand-washed in cold water. Line dry or use low heat when drying in a clothes dryer. A cool iron may be used, if necessary. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INQUIRIES WELCOME. Orders will be shipped via USPS within 10-14 days of payment, and in most cases sooner. Click on pics to enlarge.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fabric Hunting in Amish Country - Day 1

Today my husband and I set out for Ohio Amish Country to get away for a few days.  Of course, it's also one of my favorite places to pick up some great Cozy fabrics.  Although I didn't get to shop for fabrics today, we did get to do a little shopping at my husband's favorite hardware store.  We started by browsing the "Vintage Soda" department.  My husband picked up a bottle of Sweet Corn Soda and a little boy next to him said, "That is so good!"  His dad nodded his head in agreement, so John (my husband) added this to our cart.


Yes, I tried it.  No, I didn't like it.  (Neither did he!)  I can best describe the taste as carbonated creamed corn.  Most of the soda got dumped down our hotel bathroom sink.  That will be the last time I listen to a 9-year-old boy!

My husband was definitely into "edibles" today.  This was another of his purchases..."Grandma's Jam House" red raspberry jam.  I can't wait to top a piece of warm, buttery toast with this yummy jam.  Mmmm...


And...this is cool...every jar of Grandma's jam has a Biblical reference.  This jar said, "The greatest witness:  John 13:35."  I looked up this verse and recognized it immediately:  "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another."  





After leaving Lehmann's, we did a little sight-seeing.  It's so amazing to me that in a technological world of laptops, iPods, cell phones and video games, the Amish Community lives in an un-plugged simplicity that I am a little envious of.


I snapped this picture from our car.  I wish I could convey the sense of peace and tranquility that prevails in this beautiful farm country.


As I got closer to the wagon, this little fellow threw his arms toward me.  I just wanted to stop the car and scoop him up.  He was SO cute!  I don't think I'll ever forget this little guy.  :)

Tomorrow, I'll be doing some fabric shopping and I can't wait to post some pictures!

Hugs to you all!

~Kathy


1 comment:

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

I really wanted to be a midwife to the Amish. I can just feel the peace in your photos.

Happy fabric shopping :)